Students are more motivated, learn (and retain knowledge) more effectively and develop more skills for life, if they work together. The use of mobile technology can expand the boundaries of collaborative learning to not only those students within a classroom but opens up the possibility of learners working across multiple sites and countries.
The benefits of collaborative learning have been well documented with some of the highlights being:
- Increases student retention
- Builds self esteem in students
- Promotes innovation in teaching and classroom techniques
- Promotes social and academic relationships well beyond the classroom and individual course
- Enhances student satisfaction with the learning experience
Through the use of our mobile technology, learners can now work collaboratively using online instant conversation with the ability to video call anywhere in the world. The possibilities for collaborative learning are far wider than ever before and technology is at the very heart of it.