Do you have more videos stored on your laptop than your likely to watch in your lifetime? Is your music collection so big that you could compete with Simon Cowell? Do you have more family photos of holidays, that make ‘Wish you were here’ jealous? Well, if so, we have the perfect storage device to save your laptop from bearing the full brunt of the weight of data.
We have in our current Hard Drive range a HUGE 1TB External Hard Drive.
Good question – to put it simply, its 1000 GB (Gigabytes), or 1 Million MB (Megabytes) or to get really deep its 1000 Million KB (Kilobytes).
So how much can I store on a 1TB Drive?
Well, this is this fun bit, the answer is A LOT!
A 1TB drive can hold (actual capacity varies by content): -
- 17,000 hours of music.
- To put that in perspective that’s 708 days of non-stop listening to music, without sleeping – that’s just under 2 YEARS!
- 320,000 high resolution digital photos
- The average family takes 700 photos when they go on holiday. A 1TB drive will allow you to store 457 holidays worth of photos.
- 1000 hours of digital video
- Equivalent to 41 days of watching your home video footage - without sleeping.
- 250 DVD films (2 hours in length)
- The average person in the UK watches 2 DVDs per week. That’s 125 weeks worth of DVD watching – or over 2 years worth of a collection.
Some pretty outstanding statistics I’m sure you’d agree.
I’m never going to fill that drive, what’s the point in buying it?
That’s the perfect point! If you think you not likely to ever fill this up, then what better reason to by it? This means you’re less likely to have to buy 2, 3 or even 4 smaller drives, costing you more money in the long run and taking up twice the space.
Are there any other purposes to this drive than just storing videos and music?
Absolutely. Backing up your laptop hard drive is a great way of making sure everything is backed up in the event of a laptop emergency. If you regularly take full backups of your laptop’s hard drive then in the event of your laptop being stolen or broken beyond repair you have a full backup of all your important files.
With laptop theft higher than ever it’s definitely better to be safe than sorry and I personally refuse to own a laptop without having an external hard drive to hand.
With the Toshiba 1TB External Hard Drive you can rest assured it’s going to be a very long time until you fill it all up, if at all.
Lastly, a little tip – If you can try to store your external hard drives in a separate room to your laptop, in case of a fire. If possible, store the drive in a fire proof safe.
Click here to find out more about our 1TB External Hard Drive.